At Carruth Cellars, we're very proud of our California grapes and award-winning wines, but it’s always fun to taste other regions! That’s why we partnered with Boca Roja Wine Adventures (Awarded California's Best Wine Tour Company 2018) to offer our loyal fans a winery tour through Valle de Guadalupe, a highly respected wine region just south of the border.
Your all inclusive Baja Wine Tour is just a click away. Enjoy secure transportation from Carruth Cellars in Solana Beach and back, four boutique winery visits and two reserve wine tastings, and a gourmet lunch of farm-to-table dishes... oh, did we mention we stop for all-you-can-eat tacos on the way down? We also provide water, beer, and Carruth Cellars wine in the van!
We like to mix things up, so every tour has a slightly different agenda. See what we have in store for the July 14th tour...
- 8:30am: meet at Carruth Cellars in Solana Beach for Champagne Mimosas and then head South!
- 9:45am: stop in Rosarito for incredible wood-fired carne asada tacos (vegetarian options available too)
- 11:30am: enjoy a privately hosted tasting at Mina Penelope with one of the top winemakers followed by an exclusive barrel tasting. Sample locally produced cheese, bread, honey and olive oil during your tasting
- 1:00pm: savor a second premium wine tasting featuring exquisite Italian-style wines at Villa Montefiori and chat with Paolo, the owner and winemaker
- 2:30pm: Lunch time! enjoy a gourmet farm-to-table lunch from celebrity chef Javier Plascencia in his country kitchen Finca Altozano
- 5:00pm: Stop for the view, stay for the wine at Cuatro Cuatros
- 6:30pm: Head towards home!
- Appx. 10pm: drop off at Carruth Cellars in Solana Beach and say "adios!"
Things to note before you book...
• Must have valid Passport
• No dogs allowed