At Carruth Cellars, we're very proud of our California grapes and award-winning wines, but it’s always fun to taste other regions! That’s why we partnered with Boca Roja Wine Adventures (Awarded California's Best Wine Tour Company 2018) to offer our loyal fans a winery tour through Valle de Guadalupe, a highly respected wine region just south of the border which is home to over 160 wineries, dozens of great restaurants and some of the top hotels in all of Mexico!
Your all includsive (typo) Baja Wine Adventure is just a click away. Enjoy secure transportation from Carruth Cellars in Solana Beach and back, four boutique winery visits and two reserve wine tastings, and a gourmet lunch of farm-to-table dishes... oh, did we mention we stop for all-you-can-eat tacos on the way down? We also provide water, beer, and Carruth Cellars wine in the van! And last but not least, we will visit a bar which rests on the edge of a 1,000ft. cliff to catch a beautiful Baja sunset!
BAJA TOUR AGENDA ON DEC 29th 2018
- 8:30am: pick-up at Carruth Cellars (one stop in Solana Beach and one in Little Italy if necessary) in luxurious high-roof vans stocked with bottled water and cervezas – it’s time to start celebrating!
- 9:30am: stop in Rosarito for the best carne asada tacos in Baja (veggie options available, too!)
- 12:00pm: enjoy a premium tasting of delicious Italian-style wines at Villa Montefiori along with panoramic views of the mountainous wine valley
- 1:00pm: stop by Casa Magoni for a second premium tasting hosted underneath a 500-yearo-old oak tree from a winemaker that has been making wine in Valle de Guadalupe for over 55 years!
- 2:00pm: enjoy a delicious farm-to-table lunch at the iconic Adobe Guadalupe featuring seasonal Spanish-style tapas in a beautiful winery garden
- 3:00pm: head towards the cliffs and enjoy cocktails and incredible ocean views at the cliffside bar/lounge Cuatro Cuatros (pictured above – a must-see!)
- 6:00pm: depart Valle de Guadalupe and head north to the San Ysidro/Tijuana Border
- Appx. 8:30pm: drop off at your home and say “adios!”
Things to note before you book.
• Must have valid Passport
• No dogs allowed